FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Get To Know Our 2020 Hires
This year has been challenging for everyone. COVID-19 has affected so many lives and completely changed our definition of “normal”. However, as we bring this year to a close, Altron wants to bring positivity to everyone during these holidays and highlight some incredible people amongst our company.
Altron had the pleasure to hire people to expand our team. We asked our new employees if they could share what their job title is and to name 2 facts that people in the company don’t know about them that they would want them to know. The following answers are quotes from some of our new hires answering those questions:
Shanya: Hired February 18th, 2020
- Job Title: Customer Service-Acceptance Agent Contact.
- Fun Fact #1: “I have a black belt in karate.”
- Fun Fact #2: “I play a musical instrument (the piano).”
Antiya: Hired June 3rd, 2020
- Job Title: Cashier at the CPC.
- Fun Fact #1: “I love spending time with my family gaming.”
- Fun Fact #2: “I love to bake.”
Patrick: Hired June 8th, 2020
- Job Title: Java Developer on the Nosis Integration Team.
- Fun Fact #1: “One thing that people don’t know about me is that I love listening to and performing music! I’ve been playing piano since I was 5 years old and love accompanying talented singers, but I especially love playing in live pit band for musical theatre productions.“
- Fun Fact #2: “Another thing that some might not know about me is that, partially due to my half Asian, half white heritage, I am very passionate about Asian American civic engagement. Throughout college and as much as I can since graduating, I have always tried my hardest to inspire other Asian Americans to get involved in the political world and even met and talked with President-Elect Joe Biden during one of my organization’s campus events in college!”
John: Hired July 6th, 2020
- Job Title: President.
- Fun Fact #1: “I’m a soccer fan; Go DC United!”
- Fun Fact #2: “I really like traveling which I’ve really missed in 2020.”
Chris: Hired July 27, 2020
- Job Title: Linux System Engineer.
- Fun Fact #1: “I consider myself organized.”
- Fun Fact #2: “I enjoy playing with my son outside.”
Maria: Hired August 17th, 2020
- Job Title: Cashier II 1st Shift Supervisor.
- Fun Fact #1: “In my spare time, I enjoy making jewelry.”
- Fun Fact #2: “I also enjoy doing other crafts.”
Steffen: Hired September 8th, 2020
- Job Title: Marketing Specialist
- Fun Fact #1: “I played college basketball from 2014-2018 and own the school record for Most 3-pt shots made in a career with 335. “
- Fun Fact #2: “In graduate school at the University of Central Florida, I had the pleasure to coach Tacko Fall, who is the tallest player to ever play in college basketball at 7’6.“
Mohammed: Hired October 28th, 2020
- Job Title: Senior System Engineer at Linux virtualization and containers at General Dynamic for AN/BYG-1 program.
- Fun Fact #1: “Married for more than 20 years and have 5 daughters. “
- Fun Fact #2: “Have 20+ years of experience in the IT industry.”
Altron is an engineering, technology, and professional services firm that has been providing award-winning solutions and services for over 25 years. From developing secure and reliable software solutions for the U.S. Navy and the Department of Justice to testing and monitoring connected and autonomous vehicle systems to controlling the passport processing life-cycle for the Department of State, the Altron team is trusted by key federal agencies and corporate clients to perform under rigorous requirements.
854 Lowcountry Road
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464